It can take a long time until the construction of road infrastructure is complete. But it must be durable, safe and efficient in operation for much longer. Structured operation processes and well-planned maintenance of traffic infrastructure are vital for its long-term function. This includes a permanent guarantee of the safety of all traffic participants.
ARNDT IDC will support you in tailoring maintenance to your needs while boosting efficiency and optimising costs throughout the entire life cycle in parallel. For both publicly- and privately-funded traffic infrastructure projects, improved predictability for operation and maintenance is becoming more and more important. ARNDT IDC will help you to put the right processes measures into practice in order to guarantee the safety of traffic participants, and to increase cost-efficiency at the same time. We know that optimised road use and forward-looking, systematic maintenance of traffic infrastructure are both absolutely essential.
How ARNDT IDC supports you with operation and maintenance
Methods and processes for the maintenance of infrastructure are well-established among road and highway operators. Nonetheless, the demands on the operative and strategic management of road traffic infrastructure is constantly changing. In order to fulfil them, we will help you to expand tried and tested procedures and to adapt them to new possibilities – also in regard to the opportunities and challenges offered by digitalisiation and automatisation.
Thanks to our involvement in PPP projects over many years, both for tendering authorities and concecessionaires, our team has excellent knowledge and practical experience with the holistic structuring of operational organisation and maintenance management.
Therefore, ARNDT IDC is ideally positioned to support road construction authorities and concessionaires with practical solutions for the operation and maintenance of road traffic infrastructure. This may include:
- Strategic consulting for the fundamental structure and processes of operations organisations and road construction authorities
- Operative consulting for process optimisation, running and planning of existing operational organisations and road traffic authorities
- Project-based consulting for the optimisation of the entire life cycle with a view to long-term interaction of construction planning, operation and maintenance management
- Supporting public and private road administrations in the area of road maintenance
- Integral asset management consulting for the economic preservation of all system sections of road traffic infrastructure (pavement, engineering structures, mechanical and digital road equipment, drainage)
ARNDT IDC can further support you with these specific services
Apart from our consulting service, based on years of business experience, we also offer the following services, which we develop in co-operation with and for our customers
- Operational concepts including the planning of work processes, staff requirements, equipment and materials logistics
- Calculation of operational costs
- Development of maintenance programmes
- Calculation and planning of maintenance measures
- Life-cycle analyses
- Consulting for road traffic infrastructure asset management
- Process preparation and support with the commissioning of infrastructure
- Infrastructure design optimization with regard to life-cycle costs
- Tender preparation and tender process support for PPP projects and functional contracts
- Feasibility studies